Ferrari 150° Italia

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
ringo

Re: Ferrari Project 662

F11 sounds like a very "tinny" word. It doesn't roll of the tongue nicely, nor sounds as aggressive or "woody" as F10.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gwXJsWHupg[/youtube]

I think it will be called F10-1 8)
For Sure!!

mith

So maybe... Ehm... F69? Similar jump like from F300 to F399 ;)

raymondu999

How about the F662 then? :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Agenda_Is_Incorrect

ringo wrote:F11 sounds like a very "tinny" word. It doesn't roll of the tongue nicely, nor sounds as aggressive or "woody" as F10.
In Italian it sounds nice. Besides, in such a fine environment I don't think they actually want woody names for the most part.
I've been censored by a moderation team that rather see people dying and being shot at terrorist attacks than allowing people to speak the truth. That's racist apparently.

God made Trump win for a reason.

csponton

How will the Ferrari 2011?
Whoever has seen at Maranello ensure that the new machine will be completely different from the Ferrari F10. In short, that this year should be an all-new Ferrari, even visually.

It will be the new livery but will also revolutionized new aerodynamically. This revolution will not be adopted only for the regulations, for instance, the disappearance of the large sail on the hood, replaced by a smaller fin and no longer connected all'elettone back (eg F2008).

The car that we will see the presentation on Friday will not show many of the new changes. We already know that the car Friday mount the wings and rear of the F10. In this configuration will also run at Fiorano with Fernando Alonso, on Friday afternoon or Saturday. The new wings will be seen only at the Valencia test, which will begin Feb. 1.

Rumors speak of a Ferrari revolutionized aerodynamically and is ready to use two technical solutions already adopted successfully by Red Bull:

- A high nose, wide and flat, "hollowed out" in the lower

- Pull-rod suspension at the rear

Despite all the complications related to the use of KERS, Ferrari realized that the road to success passes mainly aerodynamic efficiency.

Because the muzzle-style Red Bull?

One of the main aims at the technical level for the 2011 season is to recover the lost downforce at the rear after the disappearance of the diffuser.

It 'also need to rebalance the entire car because the static weight distribution has been fixed by regulation. In the front, the current F1 and load have too compared to what you can get behind. For this reason, in recent months in the wind tunnel, we have studied a solution with a high nose and flattened as the cars designed by Newey. As we know, the 2011 technical regulations, has established a limit on the elevation of the "nose" than the level of the passenger to try to avoid penalizing the visibility. High nose, it means a pretty carved and arched frame at the bottom, so as to leave as much space as possible below, in order to allow a greater flow of air to the rear. This will help the speaker to work in the best way retrieving cargo at the rear.

Because the pull-rod suspension?

Ferrari last year had already seen a return to the pull-rod suspension, or rod for the F10. That solution was then discarded from complications due to the presence of the diffuser.

What is the difference between pull and push-rod-rod?

In the first, the spring-damper is located at the bottom, and the movements of the wheels are absorbed by a rod that works in traction, lashed down to the gearbox and at the top of the wheel.
In the push-rod, the group is up and absorbing the vibrations are transmitted by a strut, a rod that is pushed by the wheel, from bottom to top.

With the disappearance of the double diffuser, is forced to come back with extractors and low volumes have to be used differently in space. For this reason, the pull-rod solution becomes convenient as it allows to bring the weights down, helping to balance the car, goes well with a discharge in a lowered position, giving less heat problems.

Sawtooth-spike

It will have speakers in the back?
Didn't realise f1 cars have to have sounds system. It is due to kers?

Sorry. Auto trans is so funny!
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

donskar

@csponton -- source for your post? Did I miss something? Very interesting, I'm just wondering about how accurate it might be . . .

I love this:
Rumors speak of a Ferrari revolutionized aerodynamically and is ready to use two technical solutions already adopted successfully by Red Bull:

"Revolutionized aerodynamiclly" by copying Red Bull?! I'm OK with that. Red Bull provides a proven starting point.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

forty-two

Sawtooth-spike wrote:It will have speakers in the back?
Didn't realise f1 cars have to have sounds system. It is due to kers?

Sorry. Auto trans is so funny!
Perhaps the sound system is being put in place to compensate for the 2013 1.6 litre engine? :lol:
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

csponton

donskar wrote:@csponton -- source for your post? Did I miss something? Very interesting, I'm just wondering about how accurate it might be . . .

I love this:

"Revolutionized aerodynamiclly" by copying Red Bull?! I'm OK with that. Red Bull provides a proven starting point.
My personal sources. The aerodynamic concepts are those of Red Bull but will be further developed with new solutions.
The day on which the rear end will not be the definitive one because Ferrari will keep him hidden until the end.

ESPImperium

Another rename, the Ferarri in 2010 will be called the Ferarri F150.

Nice and catchy, and aggressive!!

http://www.ferrari.com/English/Formula1 ... _F150.aspx

FrukostScones

BREAKING NEWS: Ferrari calls its new challenger like an American truck. #-o

Damn ESP was first...

Is Ford now going to sue Ferrari for brand name infringement? :lol:
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Giblet

csponton wrote:How will the Ferrari 2011?
I think you accidentally the title there.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

f136

Ferrari name 2011 F1 car F150

Scuderia Ferrari's 2011 F1 car will be called F150, the famous Italian team has announced. The car, to be launched and given its track debut on Friday at Ferrari's headquarters, is named in tribute of the 150th anniversary of Italian unification.

Interesting :)

mx_tifoso

Re: Ferrari F150

I've removed the posts poking fun at the name of this car. I had a really good laugh but I don't think it's all that great to have in here for future reference. The posts can now be found in the 'completely out of thread' thread in the OT section.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Mandrake

Re: Ferrari F150

I guess they'll be playing around with names until they have a WDC or WCC title only to use progressing numbering scheme then ;)