Ferrari 150° Italia

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Raptor22

Re: Ferrari F150

There is a way to design an exhaust blown diffusor under the new rules and I wonder if Ferrari has seen it?

myurr

F10 on top, F150 below.

Goran2812

and again the sidepods are fat and bulky, just as last years car when it was presented... they were talking of the F150 like God himself made it... I'm not impressed... :D
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

mx_tifoso

Considering the massive benefits of the blown diffuser I would certainly hope that everyone has one. Missing out on that would be a huge failure to easily maximise performance.

Goran, it's clearly an evolution therefore it's not visually stiking. But let's wait and see how it does in March. One of the most important things to get under control from the very beginning will be the reliability, especially with KERS and the engine. They can't afford to keep dropping the ball like they've been doing for the past few years, as it always comes to bite them in the *ss later on when they were a few points from winning the championships.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Crabbia

mx_tifosi wrote:I'm anxious to see the split top view comparisons between this and the F60.
me too although i think finding details like wheelbase will be a first step to judging the overall dimensional differences.
A wise man once told me you cant polish a turd...

ESPImperium

Raptor22 wrote:There is a way to design an exhaust blown diffusor under the new rules and I wonder if Ferrari has seen it?
Get one exaust hole to blow the starter hole and the other exaust to blow over the diffusers main plane to produce a blown diffuser in the central section.

http://scarbsf1.wordpress.com/2011/01/2 ... solutions/

Scarabs has been telling on Twitter that there will be a considerable ammount of KERS dragging with the MGU under breaking. He has also just said that Ferarri have a new Innovative Suspension that links the front and rear suspensions via Hydrolics, will probably be passive, but control pitch of car and aid aero and mechanichal stability.

auto saibot

Flanker27

Marmorini also said they have a new pneumatic distribution and a new lubrication system; i confirm what somebody just reported about a new dragging sstem for KERS and a new crankshaft

ali.unal

mx_tifoso

Guys and gals, please try not to re-post pictures. You can go through the first few pages to see what's already been put up.

The sidepods are slimmer at the end where they converge onto the suspension.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Blackout

Waw they did everything in order to keep a single pieced compact oil tank (unlike 2009) ! the MGU is inclined !

http://cdn.speciali.ferrari.com/foto_big/9.jpg

The similarities with the the two last McLarens

(sidepod front-nose-mp4-24 airbox)

Tamburello

Is Mubadala no longer a sponsor?

myurr

So we have a very slightly shorter wheelbase, and it looks like some of the bulk in the side pods has been moved forwards to allow a slimmer rear.

With the barge boards, they appear to start further away from the car centre line when viewed from the front - is this a regulation change, a difference in the angle of the two shots, or does the tub look slightly bulkier in that area?

Crabbia

the lower wishbones of the front suspension have a very very high angle in comparison to the f10 and even more so in comparison to the f60.
A wise man once told me you cant polish a turd...

timbo

Tumbarello wrote:Is Mubadala no longer a sponsor?
No sign of Etihad to it seems