Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Crucial_Xtreme

Re: Ferrari F2012

Myself & others have noticed the flow going up the sidepods towards the exhaust exit. This does not look good. There doesn't seem to be a build up/stagnation behind the exhaust either.

Owen.C93

I do like that the front wing and splitter are now identical to RB7/8.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

Crucial_Xtreme

Owen.C93 wrote:I do like that the front wing and splitter are now identical to RB7/8.
The FW is close to the RB, sans the R shape element.

bhall

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:Myself & others have noticed the flow going up the sidepods towards the exhaust exit. This does not look good. There doesn't seem to be a build up/stagnation behind the exhaust either.
It all depends on where the Flo-Vis originated. Without knowing that, it's hard to draw any conclusions.

F1.Ru

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:High Res shot of F2012 diffuser & gurney slot. Right click>view image

Hey thanks for that pic............BTW i notice something interesting in the pic.... its related to the left side of the diffuser. By enhancing your given pic / adjusting the exposure of the pic i find that left side of the diffuser or the trailing edge of the diffuser is glowing red , just like it has been heated by the exhaust......could this be the famous innovative floor by Ferrari..........

i just got it uploaded into twitpic hope it will be clear now........ nd another thing is that middle circle is nothing but reflection but what about other two can any body pls help in this matter

http://twitpic.com/8kbope
Formula One is a game.............. but not any ordinary game for me

Crucial_Xtreme

According to Piola and Gazzetta Ferrari will have a new exhaust solution in BCN, more in line with the RB style exhaust it seems.

Translation:

"Every team looks for the best solution to recover lost downforce but Ferrari engineers wouldn't have found (on the track) expected (in wind tunnel ) data with the most extreme configuration of the exhausts. So in Barcellona quite certainly we will see much different exhausts system on F2012, without the current design on the sides."

However I think we will only change the direction the gasses are blown.

shelly

The new "byrne" floor is also expected for barcelona
twitter: @armchair_aero

dren

shelly wrote:The new "byrne" floor is also expected for barcelona
What is to be expected with that?
Honda!

Crucial_Xtreme

dren wrote:
shelly wrote:The new "byrne" floor is also expected for barcelona
What is to be expected with that?
The first Byrne floor was ran in Jerez. However there is a new one coming to BCN, diffuser also. Nobody is sure what is special about the floor, although it's rumored to be made of advanced materials with a possibility of heating the diffuser area. Remember Byrne is first a chemical engineer.
Scarbs pointed out this week how different the Ferrari floors looked in comparison to the others.

We will have have modified suspensions, due in part to help from Hamashima.

Owen.C93

F1.Ru wrote:
Crucial_Xtreme wrote:High Res shot of F2012 diffuser & gurney slot. Right click>view image

Hey thanks for that pic............BTW i notice something interesting in the pic.... its related to the left side of the diffuser. By enhancing your given pic / adjusting the exposure of the pic i find that left side of the diffuser or the trailing edge of the diffuser is glowing red , just like it has been heated by the exhaust......could this be the famous innovative floor by Ferrari..........

i just got it uploaded into twitpic hope it will be clear now........ nd another thing is that middle circle is nothing but reflection but what about other two can any body pls help in this matter

[img]http://twitpic.com/8kbope[img]

http://twitpic.com/8kbope
That's just the shiny floor reflecting the red body work.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

Crucial_Xtreme

Rear wing detail difference. You can see in the 2nd picture that the rear wing now has a few different slots against the endplates, for added downforce in comparison to the 2011 spec wing.

150 Italia

F2012

PlatinumZealot

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:Myself & others have noticed the flow going up the sidepods towards the exhaust exit. This does not look good. There doesn't seem to be a build up/stagnation behind the exhaust either.

Well if flow is going up, the reaction of the car is going down. That means more downforce!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

amouzouris

n smikle wrote:

Well if flow is going up, the reaction of the car is going down. That means more downforce!
i agree with u n smilke

ajdavison2

Has anyone commented on the slotted strakes on the diffuser? Any ideas?

madly

There is shadow below and after exhaust 'arm'. If you lighten that area you will see that flow-vis is evenly spread as in other floor area.