2019 Singapore Grand Prix - Marina Bay, 20-22 September

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Juzh

Re: 2019 Singapore Grand Prix - Marina Bay, 20-22 September

some laps from yesterday
leclerc p1
https://streamable.com/pcx1y

hamilton p2
https://streamable.com/4k6gd

verstappen p4
https://streamable.com/e5859

sainz p7
https://streamable.com/blrp4

NathanOlder

Phil wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 16:17
Well done Vettel! Helped by the strategy for sure, but he was in the position that allowed him that.
In a position that allowed it. are you saying he was doing well to hang on in 3rd? While Charles was being told to drive to a delta about 13 seconds a lap off qualy pace.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

NathanOlder

sosic2121 wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 16:23
return of the Dark Prince!

And to all of you that believe Ferrari intentionally screwed Leclerc, well, you don't have a clue about tactics...
What Ferrari should have done is pit vettel first, then have charles drive a slow lap to guarantee Vettel passing Hamilton and Leclerc, then later in the race switch Vettel and Leclerc back. Makes a 1-2 and the deserving driver wins the race.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

Zynerji wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 17:42
MtthsMlw wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 17:34
So yeah, Leclerc wasn't told that Vettel pitted.
Why should he have been? So he could go "faster" on old tyres to prevent an undercut?
Well yes that’s what you would do unless you’re showing bias to just 1 driver. Ferrari didn’t feel the need though. LeClerc wasn’t screwed or anything though :wtf:

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

Those bringing up Mercedes need to remember that before the pit stops it was.

Ham-2
Bot-5

Afterwards it was

Ham-4
Bot-5

If that’s team orders then it’s the worst team orders in History.

Phil

NathanOlder wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 17:48
Phil wrote:
Well done Vettel! Helped by the strategy for sure, but he was in the position that allowed him that.
In a position that allowed it. are you saying he was doing well to hang on in 3rd? While Charles was being told to drive to a delta about 13 seconds a lap off qualy pace.
He was in that position precisely because Leclerc dictated the pace of everyone, thus also adding to the risk that this could happen.

A strategy that was necessary to ensure the best possible result for Ferrari, which they achieved.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

LM10
LM10

Restomaniac wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 17:55

Ham-2
Bot-5

Afterwards it was

Ham-4
Bot-5

After the pit stop it would easily have been Bottas 4th and Ham 5th, if Bottas would have not gotten the order to drive 1:48.8 (3 seconds slower than his pace at that time).

I don’t know what Mercedes was thinking when they waited for too long to pit Hamilton, but they used team orders to minimize the damage done to their lead driver.

Big Tea

LM10 wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 18:01
Restomaniac wrote:

Ham-2
Bot-5

Afterwards it was

Ham-4
Bot-5

After the pit stop it would easily have been Bottas 4th and Ham 5th, if Bottas would have not gotten the order to drive 1:48.8 (3 seconds slower than his pace at that time).

I don’t know what Mercedes was thinking when they waited for too long to pit Hamilton, but they used team orders to minimize the damage done to their lead driver.
6th, as Bottas not only slowed but held back at least one car
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

NathanOlder

Phil wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 17:59
NathanOlder wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 17:48
Phil wrote:
He was in that position precisely because Leclerc dictated the pace of everyone, thus also adding to the risk that this could happen.

A strategy that was necessary to ensure the best possible result for Ferrari, which they achieved.
And it was a pace and strategy agreed by the team over night, they would have set the delta for Charles to drive to.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

maxxer
maxxer

its a horrible boring race on the calender i cant even force myself to watch such crap.
Mercedes tried i guess with tactics but no chance. Anything else ends up with a safety car.
Just shamefull to keep this on the calender while there are wonderfull tracks like istanbul or malaysia being ignored.
Yes next year we get new tracks like vietnam and the old crap track in holland they get a contract for a while and end up being dropped after 3 years.

LM10 wrote:
Restomaniac wrote:

Ham-2
Bot-5

Afterwards it was

Ham-4
Bot-5

They used team orders as you call it to make sure HAM wasn’t impeded by BOT as he would have the tyre advantage.

The decision isn’t something to query when they end up 4th and 5th. There’s nothing to garner; there are much more interesting topics to dissect.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

LM10
LM10

Big Tea wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 18:04
LM10 wrote:
Restomaniac wrote:

Ham-2
Bot-5

Afterwards it was

Ham-4
Bot-5

6th, as Bottas not only slowed but held back at least one car
You’re right. Albon was right behind him, if I remember correctly.

Vasconia

I can understand Leclerc's frustration and anger but Vettel did such an amazing lap after the pitstop which allowed him to undercut both Lewis and Charles, kudos for him as I think this exceeded what the team itself was expecting. Then he was much faster than Charles overtaking the slower cars, and finally he had everything under control after several safety cars. Anyway, almost no one in the front overtook other cars after the safety cars so I guess it wasn't that difficult.

Congratulations to Sebastian and Ferrari fur such an awesome result. Finally an aero package after the summer break which works for the team! :o

NathanOlder

maxxer wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 18:06
its a horrible boring race on the calender i cant even force myself to watch such crap.
Mercedes tried i guess with tactics but no chance. Anything else ends up with a safety car.
Just shamefull to keep this on the calender while there are wonderfull tracks like istanbul or malaysia being ignored.
Yes next year we get new tracks like vietnam and the old crap track in holland they get a contract for a while and end up being dropped after 3 years.
totally agree mate.

Imola, Nurburgring, Magny Cours & Estoril
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

LM10
LM10

214270 wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 18:07
LM10 wrote:
Restomaniac wrote:

Ham-2
Bot-5

Afterwards it was

Ham-4
Bot-5

They used team orders as you call it to make sure HAM wasn’t impeded by BOT as he would have the tyre advantage.

The decision isn’t something to query when they end up 4th and 5th. There’s nothing to garner; there are much more interesting topics to dissect.
Tyre advantage? That’s Singapore. A 5 laps fresher tyre won’t give you any advantage against other top teams. Especially, if all are on Hards.

Mercedes just wanted Hamilton not to return on track in 6th position. It’s crystal clear.