Lotus E21 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
korzeniow

Re: Lotus E21 Renault

More importantly on this picture the splitter is uncovered.

You can see that the splitter pipe has something inside, maybe it's a screw maybe it's a wire...

There is channel going under the driver's seat, maybe it's for the interlinked suspension?
It's been a long time since we drove last time, but it has also been a short time at the same time
Roam Grosjean ponders the passing of time on the first day of testing at Jerez
February 5, 2013

korzeniow

It's been a long time since we drove last time, but it has also been a short time at the same time
February 5, 2013

MarkedOne8

The right side of the front wing looks like legit wing from 2009. The whole cascade was torn. That piece on the nosecone must have created many crazy vortices.
Fernando Alonso is the best pay-to-drive driver in F1 with the biggest amount of money behind him.
http://f1bias.com/2012/04/05/truth-abou ... nder-2008/

Reckoner

korzeniow wrote:More importantly on this picture the splitter is uncovered.

You can see that the splitter pipe has something inside, maybe it's a screw maybe it's a wire...

There is channel going under the driver's seat, maybe it's for the interlinked suspension?
Ah i see you have spotted the TMD (Tray Manouver Device)

What that is actually for:- As lotus like to race with v soft suspension and are in danger of wearing out the legality plank on the front of the tray, they use this simple Hydraulic actuator to "Pull" the front of it up to prevent it from wearing past the legal marks.

Simple

Recks

ptw
ptw

Reckoner wrote: Ah i see you have spotted the TMD (Tray Manouver Device)

What that is actually for:- As lotus like to race with v soft suspension and are in danger of wearing out the legality plank on the front of the tray, they use this simple Hydraulic actuator to "Pull" the front of it up to prevent it from wearing past the legal marks.

Simple

Recks
wow!
didn't know bending the floor is legal in F1.
does Charlie know about that?

beelsebob

ptw wrote:
Reckoner wrote: Ah i see you have spotted the TMD (Tray Manouver Device)

Simple

Recks
wow!
didn't know bending the floor is legal in F1.
does Charlie know about that?
It's not legal, and I'm pretty sure Reckoner is being facetious – at least I hope he is.

stefan_

What’s in the Bahrain goodie bag?
James Allison: We won’t be bringing anything particularly revolutionary on top of the China upgrades, but we will trial a suspension modification – internal rather than to the wishbones – which is an evolution of something we ran to good effect during pre-season. You’re always trying to find the right compromise between the mechanical grip that the suspension’s articulation offers to the tyres and holding the aerodynamic platform at the optimum height from the road, and we believe this is a step forward in helping us achieve that.

When could we see the DDRS making an appearance?
James Allison: Not for this race as we still have work to do with it. We’ll be trialling the DDRS again between the first round of flyaways and the start of the European season when we have an opportunity to do some straight line testing.
I quoted only what is relevant for this thread. The rest of the interview with James Allison can be found here
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

korzeniow

So, they will be working on FRIC
February 5, 2013

Gridlock

The Kravitz stated during China the hollow bib support cools electronics, presumably whatever unit it was the Lotus mechanic was filmed removing at Sepang. How that works I have no idea.

stefan_

Bahrain 2013 - Thursday (18.04.2013)

Last edited by stefan_ on 18 Apr 2013, 21:46, edited 3 times in total.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

ptw
ptw

beelsebob wrote: It's not legal, and I'm pretty sure Reckoner is being facetious – at least I hope he is.
Just wanted to keep the coversation alive, while there are not many news))))
Thought, my sentence about Charlie was a clear indication of that.

stefan_

BoBee

http://img1.auto-motor-und-sport.de/Lot ... 677176.jpg

Looks Kimis influence :lol: but what is Grosjean going to say than :cry:

stefan_

korzeniow

f1talks.pl ‏@f1talks
Grosjean is making some measurements with aero sensor mounted on the rear of his car - pic.twitter.com/Efkz8O3y7c #F1

https://twitter.com/f1talks/status/325144913333321728

So, since Romain is testing the aero, then Kimi must be testing FIRC

Another angle:

Last edited by korzeniow on 19 Apr 2013, 09:27, edited 2 times in total.
February 5, 2013